Central Boiler Classic Edge 550
4 Color Combinations to choose from.
Color selections are close representations but are limited by processing and viewing conditions.
Taupe / Bronze
Realtree Camo™ / Bronze
Green / Bronze
Charcoal / Bronze
As the leader in the industry, Central Boiler has developed the E-Classic 3200, E-Classic 2400, E-Classic 1450, E-Classic 1400 and Classic Edge the outdoor wood gasification furnaces that shatter virtually every preconceived notion about emissions and efficiencies of wood heating. The E-Classic uses a three-stage combustion process with temperatures exceeding 2000°F to burn wood so completely that combustion efficiencies approach 100%. With the patent-pending, self-cleaning heat exchanger, the E-Classic produces extremely low emissions per Btu of heat delivered and is one of the cleanest ways to heat with wood. It can heat multiple buildings, domestic water, shops and more, and can replace multiple indoor wood stoves. Burning wood (a totally renewable resource) results in no net increase in carbon dioxide, a major greenhouse gas emission.
VT, ME, NH, MD, MA, PA, IN, RI and NY regulate outdoor hydronic heaters and the E-Classic 3200, E-Classic 2400, E-Classic 2300, E-Classic 1450 and E-Classic 1400 meet the regulations in these states.
1. Charge Tube
Crossfire air system adds preheated air in all the right places around the base of the fire. As the wood begins to gasify, the gases are added to the extremely hot oxygen from the patent-pending Charge Tube. This starts the secondary combustion process.
2. Large Reaction Chamber™
Final combustion takes place as these gases move downward to the Reaction Chamber. Temperatures exceed 2000°F, resulting in very complete combustion. This entire process gives this furnace its high efficiency and extremely low emissions. The large, hinged door provides for easy ash removal.
3. Optional Gas-fired Wood Ignition takes the work and worry out of lighting a fire. With just the push of a button, the power ignition will light the fire. It will also automatically relight the fire if needed, even when you are away from home. It is just that easy.
4. Urethane Spray Foam Insulation that covers the water jacket gives you the best energy savings, even when the conditions outside are at their worst. This insulation provides a 100% airtight, waterproof seal around the water jacket which makes your wood pile last longer.
5. High Capacity Water Jacket provides a balance between firebox volume and water capacity for optimum performance and safety. Continues to supply heat after the wood load is depleted.
6. Insulated Chimney
Two 4-foot all stainless steel insulated chimney sections are standard. Additional sections are available for extending the chimney when needed.
7. All-Weather Steel Siding is overlapped for tighter weather seal. Panels and corners are powder coated for high durability.
8. Vent Cap design eliminates evaporation.
9. Triple Insulated Firebox Door is just the right height and features a large opening for easy loading, making your job much easier. The ergonomically designed, lockable door features a Cam Loc door closure that secures the door at all four corners and provides a tight seal each time the door is closed. Its triple insulation keeps the heat in and the cold out for maximum efficiency.
10. Bypass Door allows you to redirect the exhaust before opening the firebox door. The Bypass Door Alarm reminds you to close the bypass door after you have closed the firebox door for efficient operation of your furnace.
11. LED Lights (Photo Electronic Controlled)
The long-lasting, energy efficient LED night lights save money and enhance safety. They illuminate the inside of the firebox and the front and sides of the outdoor furnace and can be set to conveniently, automatically turn on at night.
12. Xtract™ Heat Exchanger allows you to get the most heat out of your wood. It is designed to optimize the transfer of heat from the extremely hot gases to the water. The vertical design of the heat exchanger minimizes the amount of maintenance.
13. FireStar™ Electronic Controller is your command center. With just the push of a button, you can monitor your furnace or change its settings. The controller’s technology also optimizes the gasification process by automatically adjusting the primary and secondary air. This allows for a cleaner and more efficient burn.
14. Insulated Rear Access Panel gives you full access to the Reaction Chamber door, power disconnect and pumps, all from one location. That makes installation and maintenance convenient and easy. The insulated panel keeps the heat in and the cold out, which preheats the combustion air and makes the furnace more efficient.
15. EPA Hangtag
The E-Classic 1400, E-Classic 1450, E-Classic 2400 and E-Classic 3200 are all U.S. EPA Phase 2 Hydronic Heater Program qualified.
Central Boiler FAQ
efficient outdoor wood furnace that can provide 100% of your heating needs.
Central Boiler manufactures and distributes the Classic and E-Classic outdoor
wood furnaces, these outdoor wood-fired hydronic heaters can heat multiple
buildings, hot tubs, pools, greenhouses, domestic water and more.
While burning a wood stove indoors can mean many problems, there is an alternative...a Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace. Also known as an outdoor wood boiler, outdoor wood gasification furnace, or outdoor hydronic heater, an outdoor wood furnace eliminates the problems associated with indoor burning and allows you to get even more benefits from wood heat. Central Boiler outdoor wood furnaces can actually improve the indoor environment in your home or business, while eliminating the time-consuming chore of tending a traditional wood stove.
Web Site Designed and Maintained by G & E Web Design.